12 Random Facts of Afro-House singer Niniola as she talks “This Is Me” album in upcoming series with VJ Adams!
Niniola Apata (born 15 December 1986), better known by her stage name Niniola is a Nigerian singer and songwriter. Rose to recognition in 2013 after finishing third runner-up on the sixth season of Project Fame West Africa.
Upon the release of her breakthrough debut single “Ibadi”, Niniola was nominated in the “Most Promising Act to Watch” category at the 2015 Nigeria Entertainment Awards. She and her Manager on a new show soon to air, sat with VJ Adams and talked alot about her music, her future plans amongst others.
Here are 10 things you probably didn’t know about the beautiful Nigerian singer and songwriter, Niniola which we picked from the chit-chat:
1. Niniola describes her style of music as “Afro-House”, a blend of afrobeat and house music.
2. Niniola met her manager Michael the very first day she met Producer Sarz.
3. It’s been Four years since she started working with Manager, Michael.
4. “Ibadi” was the first instrumental she heard and loved from Sarz.
5. She actually paid 400 thousand naira to first meet & work on a single with Sarz.
6. “This is me” album title was chosen because she wanted to pass a message across that she doesn’t just do ‘Afro house’ music alone.
7. Her biological sister, Teniola a.k.a “Teni Entertainer” makes music.
8. Drumrolls, in which her debut album was released, is owned by her manager ‘Michael. and her
9. She did make a song with producer Masterkraft, but unfortunately he was too busy to finish it for release.
10. Jane and Bisola were her best friends back in the days while in school.
‘Maradona’ and ‘Sicker’ star Niniola Release Album titled “This Is Me”, Lands at No. 3
11. They (She and her manager) did lend money from two individuals to record the single ‘Soke,’ produced by Sarz.
12. Michael – Her manager, was Sarz’ manager at the time they both met for the first time.