#OneAfricaMusicFestDubai: 10 things you should know from the Afrobeats Festival!
We have scoops from the biggest Afrobeats event that wrapped up hours ago! Excited?
With performances from Davido, Wizkid, Tiwa Savage, 2Baba, Tekno, Wizkid, Sauti Sol, Flavour, Cassper Nyovest, Vanessa Mdee etc. It was really a night of African music as the One Africa Music Festival went down at the Madinat Jumeirah Al Sufough, Dubai.
10. No doubt, Diamond Platnumz got some SWAG, as he is seen in some nice looking outfit. He happens to be our best dressed male look for the night at the festival.
9. Tiwa Savage rocked the stage alongside Starboy Wizkid, as they both perform their most recent collaboration “Ma Lo”. And yes we won’t forget how she performed while drinking a bottle of Pepsi.
Starboy @wizkidayo number 1 joins @tiwasavage on stage 🔥 #oneafricamusicfestdubai #oneafricamusicfest #africadopedaily #starboy #wizkid #tiwasavage #africaunite #afrobeat #afrobeats #afropop #blackexcellence #africanskillinit #goodmusic #africans #africanmusic #afrodance #afrogirl #afrogirls #nigerian #beautifuldays #danceparty #dancerlife #concertlife #blackslayingit #talentgram
— Penzaarville Africa (@Penzaarville) November 16, 2017
8. If you missed anything, make sure to watch here a clip of the breathtaking performance by South Africa’s Cassper Nyovest. His performance was everything.
ICYMI: .@CassperNyovest‘s Performance was breathtakingly beautiful!!!
— Amama Benn Benedict (@BennyCapricorn) November 16, 2017
7. Well… the 10 winners of the PEPSI ONE AFRICA MUSIC FEST sure had lots of fun, seen here dancing all the way.
— Anda Paul (@LazyWrita) November 16, 2017
6. Davido’s always does this, but this? This is different as he;s seen breaking the stage bouncers ring and ramming into the all happy crowd.
5. Unfortunately, Ghana’s top artiste Sarkodie was unable to perform due to time constraint or would we say something else must have occurred? According to report Banky, the host was about calling him on stage when he was later signaled to call-up Davido.
Breaking news@sarkodie didn’t perform at the PEPSI ONE AFRICA MUSIC FEST because of time constraints.
Banky W started introducing Sarkodie; talked about how he’s the African rap king blablabla, and then he was signaled to introduce Davido rather.
Sad moments @shattawalegh
— Eskay LaLa (@BlackAfricanEnt) November 16, 2017
One Africa Music fest in London started late, performances were rushed & Jidenna couldn’t perform because time had gone
One Africa Dubai show started late, performances were rushed & Sarkodie couldn’t perform because time had gone.
Na wa for Paulo & his team
— XL 🇳🇬 (@Xcel_101) November 17, 2017
— Youth President (@nydjlive) November 16, 2017
Facebook posts from George Britton, a Ghanaian publisher who was also present at the event
“When Sark was just about hitting the stage, Davido’s guy attacked Black Nana by pushing him to the floor to allow Davido perform. Ugly scenes. Slaps, blows, police arrest etc”
“Unfortunately the backstage was mismanaged so Sarkodie couldn’t perform at the One Africa Music Festival in Dubai… huge disappointments”
“My batteries failed me… but Sark was equally disappointed as his fans. I’m more disappointed in Davido and Wizkid for fighting back stage. Big shame to Nigerian music”
4. Host of the night, Mr. W a.k.a Banky W did a good job but what got people talking was when he spoke on how it’s a miracle for him to be on stage that night. Banky W also spoke to VJ Adams hours before he got on stage!
3. A video of what seems like a scuffle between Davido’s and Wizkid’s camp was another major highlight at the festival. It was said backstage both camps brought out their pride and gave in for a distraction for the night.
Seems like there was a scuffle between Davido’s and Wizkid’s camp in Dubai. We’d update soon as we get details.pic.twitter.com/f0wKSmIaft
— SOUNDCITY AFRICA! (@SOUNDCITYtv) November 17, 2017
2. 2baba never stops re-assuring his fans of how much he loves them, with a very calm lovely performance.
1. Banky W spoke to VJ Adams about his recovery following skin cancer surgery.